USAF Police Alumni Foundation
2023 Scholarship Program
The USAF Police Alumni Foundation (USAF PAF) is excited to announce our 2023 Scholarships Program in support of USAF Active Duty, Air Force Reserve & Air National Guard, Air Police, Security Police, Security Forces and Combat Arms Maintenance and Training (CATM) members, and their immediate family members who wish to further their education by pursuing a college degree or training at a vocational/technical school. See below for details and how to apply for one of the five $2,000.00 available scholarships.
The USAF Police Alumni Foundation (USAF PAF) is pleased to present scholarships to assist USAF (AD, AFR & ANG) members and their immediate family members who wish to further their education by pursuing a college degree or training at a vocational/technical school. ONLY the member, spouse, or eligible dependent child (an eligible dependent child is a child who is at least 17 years of age but has not yet reached their 25th birthday) are eligible to apply. Family members who live outside the qualifying member’s immediate household may not be eligible unless in residence while enrolled in and attending an accredited college, university or trade school.
Five (5) scholarships in the amount of $2,000.00 each will be awarded to selected candidates as follows: two active duty, AFR or ANG and one each to a spouse or dependent child. Applicants must be 17 years of age or older. Qualifying applicants must be currently serving in the USAF as an Air Police, Security Police, Security Forces or CATM member. The $2,000 scholarship shall be used in the academic year following completion of the award. The scholarship may be paid directly to the accredited college/university or vocational/technical school of the awardee’s choice, or provided to the awardee to cover academic expenses such as lab fees, books, etc.
A fully completed application form (download below) along with the following a separate piece of paper, please answer each of the questions listed below: 1. What is the name of the college/university or vocational/technical school you plan to attend? 2. Have you been accepted? 3. What is your intended major or course of study? 4. Describe how the USAF has had a positive impact on your decision to pursue higher education/training. 5. Explain how this scholarship impacts your ability to complete your future course of study. 6. In 500 words or less, please describe your career & education goals, steps you have taken to pursue those goals and include any obstacles you have overcome in order to achieve those goals. *Essays longer than 500 words will not be considered. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED
USAF Police Alumni Foundation Scholarship Important Information
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicant must be 17 years of age or older
- Applicant must meet at least one of the following:
- Serving honorably in the United States Air Force, Air Force Reserve, or Air National Guard as Security Forces or CATM
- USAF, AFR, ANG veteran or retiree honorable discharged or retired and served in Security, Law Enforcement or CATM
- Spouse of active duty who is serving honorably in the United States Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard and is actively enrolled in a college, university or trade school.
- Dependent child of active duty Security Forces serving honorably in the United States Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, who has not yet reached their 25th birthday and is actively enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school.
*Qualifying applicants must indicate current rank, AFSC and duty assignment.
What is the Scholarship Amount?
- Five (5) $2,000 scholarships will be awarded each year, two active duty, AFR or ANG and one each to a spouse and eligible dependent child.
What are the USAF Police Scholarship Submission Requirements?
- Each applicant must:
- Answer all questions on the application.
- Write a brief essay (no more than 500 words) describing their commitment to their goals and how this scholarship will help them attain these goals.
What are the Scholarship Deadlines?
- August 20: Application process begins.
- September 15: All applications must be submitted to the USAF Police Alumni Foundation Scholarship Committee. Applications must be postmarked on or before this date.
- NLT September 25: Scholarship recipients are notified.